Jul 14, 2008

Memory Tag!

So my sister had this on her blog, so I decided to do it. I think it'll gather some pretty interesting memories... Hmmm...Here are the rules:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! (Please remember that my mom will be reading this!)

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. I can't wait to see what people remember.

6 comments:

Shalantie said...

Hmmm... I feel like I know a little. That's sad. All of the memories I have with you are group memories like, remember when I told you I didn't really like the name katie for certain reasons and so we came up with the nickname carpet for you. lol. by the way- i love you and your name. I was just being retarded back then. I also remember spending the 4th of July in Hurricane with you and jer and the rest of the gang- we all ran around in the streets like idiots dancing and screaming with sparklers in our hands. Oh it was fun. Perhaps we need to spend more time together ;)

Jeff and Jen said...

Katie I have lots of good memories of us being roomies. But just to generalize, I remember you coming home sometimes really timid. I think you thought we would be running around naked or something. (We only did that when we knew you would be gone for the night. Ha Ha.) And remember when you used to throw parties at our house when we were gone, busted. You know I love ya.

Westwood Family said...

Well, I remember Shalantie's memories. Carpet...how did we come up with that one?
I have many many memories with you so how do I pick? I guess I'll stick to one of my first memories of you, which was when Addison was crawling and fell forward and cut between her eyes and I was freaking out and you all calm like came and took her from me and calmed both me and her down while in the process of cleaning up her cut. What would I have done with out you?

Mandy and Kalen said...

Ok... Sweet Sweet memories of you. I remember when we were little and we had to go to bed and I wouldn't go unless you would carry me... I was like 7 and you were 9!

I also remember when we would go to bed and I'd jump into bed and say, "you have to turn off the light! I am more in bed than you are!" Then we'd play paper-rock-scissors and I'd lose but I still won't turn it off!

I also remember that we had this thing we would do the night before our birthdays we would have to do whatever the other person said we had to... like a last thing shin-dig before we turned 10 or 11 or whatever!

I also remember when i needed to pee and I was little and you were taking your sweet time and told me that if I needed to go that bad then I should go in the tub.... Well, AGAIN- I was LITTLE and truly was going to pee my pants so I went in the tub! Sorry mommy!

Ok... Last one... I remember when wer were little and you got 100% on a spelling test (I was SO excited for you- to justify my actions!) You couldn't wait to tell dad but I ran to him first and told him. Sorry for stealing your thunder!

So many memories and so little comment space! One thing I will ALWAYS remember is how much I look up to you and love you!

Emily said...

Hi Katie! Do you remember me, Emily Wilson?! I found Mandy's blog through here hubby's couch's blog who also used to be my hubby's coach! Anyway I left her a memory and I had to leave you one! Drill team, that's all I can really say! So many fun times! Here's one, you, Joelann, and I had a split contest to see who could stay in them the longest. OUch! Give me your email and I'll send you an invite! emilydalton02@yahoo.com Yes my name is Emily Dalton, funny huh?

Sally said...

Yep...just getting around to these memory tags. I can't just take 3 quick minutes to do it you know. So, here I am finally getting my memories out there. I have so many memories of you and unlike someone who will remain nameless (eezma) I am going to narrow it down to just one.

Since I remember you from day one I will share an early memory. Get ready...no laughing here. Grab your tissues! I remember the day you were born. Jeff and I were waiting patiently at Grandma's until dad came to take us to see you at the hospital. I remember riding in the car and dad telling us your name and how to spell it with a special little rhythym...K-A-TIE! I still hear it like that whenever I write your name and I can picture Jeff and I in the car with dad. I remember being so excited for 2 reasons #1-because you were a girl! I had had enough of the stink bug eating crazy brother (who I loved dearly). #2-I still remembered losing Ben. I thought or rather I KNEW that he had sent you to us. We have talked about how I thought the moon and stars were Bens toys up in Heaven but I also remember thinking that you must have been playing with him up there. I'm sure you were!

I love you k-k-k KATIE!