How does it work? How do I become who I want to be without losing who I am? Confused??? So am I! I love my life! My family, my faith, my right now... They are all so great! But there is more to me and I have had a hard time getting to know the Katie that is screaming to get out.
So the last few weeks I have been praying for inspiration. And these last few days I have gotten handfuls of inspiration. We went down to Phoenix to see my sister Sally in The Taffeta's (a musical she was in at their community theater). Sally has always been the one I have looked up to my entire life. When I was little I loved to be around her. She was so cool and the prettiest girl I knew (and still is). So throughout my life I have watched her sharing her musical talents with others. Sally has a gorgeous voice! And seeing her get back on the stage after so long was so inspiring to me. As mothers we tend to lose who we are. What I mean be that is that we get so caught up in being the wife and mother that we tuck away the other parts of ourselves. So seeing Sal get out and doing something she loves was awesome. It showed me that I needed to do the same in some way. So thank you Sal for being an inspiration to me... yet again! I love you!
So what do I do? What is the inner me screaming to do? Oh so many things... Get into photography, learn to sew, have my own wedding floral business, and most of all... SING! If anyone really knows me they know that I love to sing but that I have an excessive amount of stage fright! Darn insecurities! But deep down I still dream of singing for others. I long to use the talent my Father in Heaven gave me to inspire others and invite the spirit into their lives. But how do I do that? I don't know... But I will figure it out! I hope!
Another thing that has inspired me is the Nielsen family from AZ. There is a link to their site in the right column. This story is so touching and the mother Stephanie, aka Nie Nie, is an inspiration to me to be a better wife and mother. She somehow was able to ballance all the titles she had. I know that I have been talking about focusing on being more then just a wife and mother but that is a giant "part" of who I am! So reading her blog makes me want to become more appreciative of the blessing of being a wife to my loving hubby Jer and a the mommy Cooper deserves. I am so blessed to have two amazing guys in my life!
So to anyone who made it through this long blurb of spoken thought... Thanks and sorry at the same time. I needed to share it with someone.
6 comments:
Katie, you are cute! I love you!
I COMPLETELY AGREE! Heck and I'm not even a mom and I feel like you kinda loose yourself just in being a wife. I'm glad someone else feels the same way! This is how I felt and so this summer I got a new camera and took an online class, and the camera has already paid itself off :) So I say go for it! I cant believe your insecure on stage... I've never heard someone who can sing better than you... so I don't know what your worried about.
Hey I have a great idea! There is a community theater in Vernal they put on a show every spring/summer. Its so fun to watch and for the last two years I have wanted to join. We should do that and you can show off your BEAUTIFUL voice!
Yeah...! You two (Katie and Tab) do that! It would be awesome!
I'm up there with you. My whole adult life is being a mom and a wife. I never really even had the chance to find myself before getting married. I too love my life, I just wish I could find something separate for every now and again, something I love to do besides being a wife and mommy. I say, GO FOR IT! Your voice is amazing and you shouldn't be scared. You know what it is you love and you need to do it.
Kate...you have me in tears. I have to say. Doing this show has been a huge blessing and has not only provided me with an outlet for my talents but an opportunity to act as an instrument for God. I was feeling just the way you are this summer and THAT is when I prayed for an opportunity...and then it presented itself. When your opportunity comes you HAVE to act on it or you'll regret it! I love you! I can't tell you how much it means to me that you guys would make such a long crazy trip to support me! THANKS!
Post a Comment