As a little girl I wanted to be with him as much as I could. When he would be home from work I didn't want him out of my sight. There were time when he would take my older brother out to the shooting range of something and I was NOT happy. I wanted to go! I wanted to be with my dad! And I did not understand why Jeff needed time alone with our dad. I get it now.
When he would have to go back to work Mandy and I would block the door and we honestly thought that he would stay home if we were tough enough.
I want to thank my dad for all he has done. I didn't understand it or even appreciate it back then but I do now. I see that everything he has done is for his family. And I love him even more for it.
And now that I am without a man in the home my dad has stepped in to help me and Coop. Cooper loves his Papa SO much and I know that he will grow up to be a great man if he follows in his Grandpa's footsteps.
After everything that has happened to us these last few weeks I have come to love my family much more. My dad has helped me get though some very hard times and I am very thankful he righteously holds the priesthood. It has blessed my little family.
Thank you for being who you are dad!
I love you.
Maybe one day I will find a man with a heart as big as your's.... Maybe.....
2 comments:
I love your dad too! He always makes me feel good when I see him and I swear sometimes when I look at him it is like looking at Gpa Cooper. HE looks somuch like him. I'm glad you have him.
Hey! Are you going to be in Pang for the balloon fest? I have your lucky 5 gift ready! Sorry again that it took so long.
Post a Comment