Dec 14, 2009

the best part of me...

I sit here trying to make the words come out in a way that will truly express whats in my heart. But honestly it's hard to do that when I have a 3 year old little boy pretending to be a baby jaguar who is waiting to be saved by a big flying condor, sitting on my head! He has always been a climber. Once when he was a baby I had fallen asleep on the floor with him and he woke up and somehow got on top oh the table. I was so shook up! and yet very impressed. But most of the time he spent his climbing time on me! He will actually sit on my shoulders while we watch movies together. I have gotten to the point where I don't even realize he is perched on me!
As you can see in the picture above, we had a family picture done. I have a hard time liking any pictures of myself. I pick at everything about myself in it! I was looking it over last night and I realized that it was our first family picture with just the 2 of us. I began to cry. They weren't tears of sadness, but tears of joy. I cried for the blessing I have to have Cooper in my life. We are a tiny lil family, just the two of us, but I love it. I love every little thing about our life together. We may not have a lot but we have each other.
Cooper is a part of me... The best part of me.

2 comments:

Leibbrandt Family said...

I would have to disagree he is a great gart of you but not the best! you have so many wonderful things about you that make you wonderful, Opal!

Melissa said...

You look beautiful! I love your hair! And your shoes! And your ring! So cute!