This morning Coop an I were maxin and relaxin in the recliner, just watchin some Yo Gabba Gabba & Coop starts throwing a fit. I don't know why but he has been getting upset for no good reason lately. But back to the story - So Coop starts kicking his legs and squealing (if you have ever heard Coop squeal you would understand the sheer volume) So I stop myself from getting too upset at him cause I am trying extra hard to quit saying NO so much and focus on communicating with him. I turn and look down at him and say, " Cooper, I don't like that and if you are going to squeal like a 13 yr old at a Hannah Montana concert you can't sit by mommy! Do you understand?" And Coop looked right at me and simply said, "Ya". He sat there for another 45 minutes without making a peep. I know he most likely didn't get what I said but it was pretty weird. Coop is pretty smart !
May 24, 2008
Do you understand?
This morning Coop an I were maxin and relaxin in the recliner, just watchin some Yo Gabba Gabba & Coop starts throwing a fit. I don't know why but he has been getting upset for no good reason lately. But back to the story - So Coop starts kicking his legs and squealing (if you have ever heard Coop squeal you would understand the sheer volume) So I stop myself from getting too upset at him cause I am trying extra hard to quit saying NO so much and focus on communicating with him. I turn and look down at him and say, " Cooper, I don't like that and if you are going to squeal like a 13 yr old at a Hannah Montana concert you can't sit by mommy! Do you understand?" And Coop looked right at me and simply said, "Ya". He sat there for another 45 minutes without making a peep. I know he most likely didn't get what I said but it was pretty weird. Coop is pretty smart !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
he probably did like you associating him with a 13 year old at a hanna montana concert! haha. You are too funny.
He is getting so big. Sometimes I wonder how much they really do understand! Probably more than we think!!
Post a Comment