Jun 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!


As I am sitting here thinking about what to write, Cooper climbed up next to me and looks at the picture and says with a very toothy grin, "DAAADDDDYYYYYYYY daddy daddy daddy daddy daddy!" Cooper loves his daddy so darn much. He gets so excited when Jer gets home from work and he hears the garage door opening. He trots over to the door, squats down and waits for Jer to come through the door. When the door opens he starts jumping and dancing around until Jer picks him up. One day Jer left for work early and when Coop woke up he kept asking for his daddy. He would go to the door and squat down and sit there and wait for a couple minutes and then jump up and start searching somewhere else. Cooper kept looking behind the recliner and under the table and then he would run to the bathroom door and pound on it while yelling, "DADDY!" Then he got this AH-HA look on his face and went slowly walking into our bedroom and creeped around our bed and peeked around the corner. He was sure he knew where his daddy was. It took me a little while to figure out why he was looking behind our bed and then I remembered that Jer was playing hide & seek with him a couple days before and that was one of his hiding spots. It was so cute and a bit sad. Cooper and I are so truly blessed to have Jeremy in our lives. Thank you Jer for all you do. You are an amazing daddy and Coop loves you more then jumping, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Backyardigains, Chocolate milk, bouncy balls and fruit snacks. Combined! Happy Fathers day!


I love my dad so much! He has done so much for me and I am so thankful for what he has sacrificed for my well being. My dad has taught me the importance of family, serving others and silliness! My dad is such an amazing singer. I could listen to him sing for hours and hours. And he is the best steering wheel drummer around. I remember when I was a little girl how devastated I would get when he had to leave for work. I would try to block the door and beg him to stay just a bit longer. A little girls love for her father is special. Thank you dad for all you have done and still do for me. I love you so much.


And last but not least...... Jeremy has a truly amazing mom. She not only was Jer's mom but also his dad. Jan raised Jeremy as a single mother so she had to fill in as father. Jeremy always tells me memories he has about watching Little house on the Prairie with her or going on trips to see family or just sweet memories he has of their time together. I can say that she is one of the most amazing and strong women I have ever know. Thank you so much for raising such a great man. A very special Happy Fathers Day!



We would also like to say thank you to all those other father figures who have been there throughout our lives. Grandpa Buck, Grandpa Cooper, Grandpa Bruce, Val and Uncle Steve. Thank you and Happy Fathers Day!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeff and Jen said...

Oh Father's Day is so fun. We all have such good Daddy's. We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Mandy and Kalen said...

Happy Fathers Day Jeravasavich!