I'm sitting here all alone at home and I keep thinking about things I wish I could do. And then it hits me........ a wish is just a thought! I need to make goals! Why can't I do these things I consider wishes? I can do whatever I put my mind and efforts into. So then I thought about writing down all my goals and I can't believe how many I wrote down in such a short amount of time. I want to list a few of my goals each week. Maybe by doing this it will keep me motivated and inspire someone else to make their wishes more then a wish. So here are a few of my goals.....
1~I love to sing! But I have a hard time singing in front of people. I can sing in church or when I am in primary with my Valiant 9 class or when no one is around. I would love to be able to sing and not be afraid what other will think about my singing. So from now on I will sing because I love to sing and because God has given me this talent.
2~ I am going to grow my hair out. I miss my long hair. I never had short hair until I had Coop and then I wanted a change and the fastest thing to do was chop off the locks. Short hair has been OK but I miss my long hair and I want it back!
3~ I want to get a really nice camera. I have been researching cameras on the net and I am saving up for it. So if anyone has any suggestions about cameras let me know.
4~ Jer has never been to Disney Land so I am making it a goal to get him there. I love Disney Land and I know he would too.
5~ After I get my RAD camera and take some classes I want to start a photography business and take amazing photos that people can afford.
6~ As Jer and I getting ready to move up to good ol' Orem for school I am going to make a goal to find a place to call home. I haven't had much luck so far.
7~ I want to learn to cook. I can make simple things but I want to learn how to make elaborate delicious dishes and yummy deserts.
8~ I have had a guitar now for 4 years I think and I don't even know how to play it. what's even worse is that my hubby plays the guitar and can teach me and I haven't taken advantage of it. I am going to learn to play my guitar starting today!
9~ I love the Manti temple and have never been inside. Before Jer starts school I will go to the Manti Temple!
10~ When Jer and I moved to Hurricane it took way too long to open up and make friends. We have been in this ward for over a year and a half and we still get asked if we are new. Only because we are just getting involved in ward activities. When I move to Orem I want to be more confident and involved in the community.
So there are my first 10 goals. I'm sure not many of you read through them all, I kinda did it for my own benefit. But if you did read through them thanks. It means a lot to know you care enough to read through my crazy ramble. There will be more to come.
3 comments:
Of course I would read through it all. You go for it Katie. I have been so unmotivated about everything lately so I "wish" you the best. Love You.
I also wish you the best! I'm with you on goal #10. It took be three years to get out in the ward a bit. I'm trying really hard to not be so shy in my new ward. I actually made comments in sunday school and participated in relief society a lot last sunday. Yay me! I'm getting better already.
I'm also with you on #4, but for my whole family cause none of us have been to disneyland!
lets all go to disneyland together!! Maybe they will give us a group rate. Orrin hasn't been either. As for your photography. DO IT! You take amazing pictures with the camera you have, so don't stop! Someone told me to buy the best that you can afford because its always changing. But! Its really all in the glass. So instead of forking out all your money for the body, buy nice lenses. thats all i know.
These are good goals. We need to get together soon. Lets have a BBQ and game night or something again.
PS is my bracelet here yet? I have an outfit I am dying to wear it with!
Post a Comment