Jun 21, 2008

Let's start a band!


So I have started working on a few of my goals and learning the guitar is one of them. Jer and I sat down a couple days ago and he taught me some chord and then taught me the beginning of "time of your life" by Green day. I can't play it very well but I have been practicing. After playing for only a few minutes my fingers hurt so bad. I tried to rub them on the carpet thinking that it might make them numb, but it actually burned. After playing a while longer I got a bit more used to the pain and it wasn't as bad. I asked Jer if there were like finger protectors or something and he just looked at me like I was crazy. So then that got me to thinking that maybe I could invent something that you could put on your fingers so they wouldn't hurt so bad and so your fingers wouldn't get so gross. I think I could make a fortune off of them. What do you all think? After I got over my finger protectors idea I thought about how rad it would be to start a band. I don't know what the bands name would be, so if you have any good band name ideas let me know. And if anyone is interested in joining my band just let me know and I can set up an audition for you.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Looks like a BLAST!! I have always wanted to play the guitar! Need a singer LOL!!

Toni said...

Hi Katie! i found your blog off of Mandy's. Your little boy is SO cute. His pictures are adorable. I am going to put you on my friends list, I hope thats ok! Oh and I so understand about the hurting fingers. I tried the guitar a few months ago, and your post was bringing back the pain :) Good Luck!

Mandy and Kalen said...

I can play the grumpet... can I join? You have heard me play so I don't think there is a need for an audition!