Aug 26, 2009

Lift with your heart.... Not back!

OK OK OK.... Here is my first post to high light all the talented people in my life.





Most of you think of singing or dancing or painting when I say talents right? Well... I want to focus on a very special talent that has blessed me my whole life. My Grandma Shirley is such an amazing woman. She is beautiful inside and out. I love to chat with her and soak up her love and wisdom. Well the other day after I left work I was heading home until I noticed that I was driving in the wrong direction. I was heading to Grandma's house. It had been a bad day for me and with Coop being gone for the week I really didn't want to be alone. So I pulled into the drive, walk in the side door and there she was. I didn't even have to say anything. She scooped me up in her warm loving arms and held me. It was like I was a little girl again. When I was little I could sit on her lap and listen to her read for hours. Being close to her made me feel safe. And there I was 26 years old and crying in her arms. I felt safe again. After I got hold of myself she took me in and set me down on the couch and then began to say all the things I needed to hear. I cried.... she comforted and my heart began to feel light again.




I love this woman for always being there for me. From holding me on her lap with a story book in hand to cheering me on at all my sports and dance competitions, to mending my broken heart. She has always been there to lift me up when I was down. God blessed us all by giving her the gift of compassion and love. And I am eternally grateful for that!

I love you with all my heart!

3 comments:

Toni said...

your making me cry.... :) Cute post!

Jeff and Jen said...

I love it. You are soooo lucky. She is a great woman and a great grandma.

Leibbrandt Family said...

Awsome that was a wonderful post you have a way with words.