Life is a crazy adventure. We don't know what's around the corner. Things change... even if you didn't want them to. And sometimes others decide what's going to happen with your future. But only to a certain extent. I love the saying - When life gives you lemons... make lemonade! But then there's the other version - When life gives you lemons... throw them at someone! We all have our trials and CRAP... is it going to make us... or break us?
My life was changed in a second last December. And honestly my life wasn't what I wanted it to be. I had forgotten and let who I am go. I quit dreaming. I gave in to the world. But on that heart breaking day things were taking a new shape. My eyes were forced open and I began to slowly remember what KATIE wanted from this life.
I have always dreamed of singing and inspiring others through music that would make the spirit sore in your heart. Cheesy? Who cares? It's my dream! But dreaming isn't what a single mom should be doing. SCHOOL! An education! Practicality! Those are the things I should be worrying about. But I can't get that dream out of my heart. I'm not a fabulous musician, just a daughter who's Father gave her the love of music and singing His songs. So what do I do?
Where is the balance between being a dreamer and being practical? Well maybe being practical isn't always the best. Maybe it would be better to say responsible! OK! I am a responsible dreamer.
I want and need to provide for my son and myself. I want to teach him through example that not only an education is VERY important but to follow your heart.
Ryan Shupe & the Rubber Band sang it best, "When you dream, dream big! As big as the ocean blue. Cause when you dream it might come true. So when you dream, dream big."
I'm dreaming big... and responsibly.
Are you?
5 comments:
It's funny that you talk about that because recently I've been evaluating who I am. I'm not who I want to be, but the person I want to be is all tucked up inside, scared to come out. Thanks for the inspiration! I miss you lots, email me sometime!
I totally agree! I need to remember my toni-ness and let it shine through sometimes.... instead of just being a wife/hairdresser. I should print off this blog post and hang it on by my mirror so I will read it every day!
Katie you have always been a responsible dreamer! I know for a fact that what ever you set your mind to you will accomplish. I believe in you and love you, and remember that this my not be the path that you wanted but it is the path that the lord put you on, not just for you but for others to learn from!!
Katie, I love you! We've had this conversation. It's all about you and what you can gain through constant and specific prayer to our Loving Father. I know you'll figure it out and when you do the clouds will part and you will bask in the sun!
You made me cry! You are such an amazing person...I look up to you so much. I am so proud of you and the decisions that you have made since that day in December. You have definately risen to the occasion - You are an amazing woman, friend, and MOMMY! Cooper is a LUCKY and BLESSED little man to have you for a mommy. LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment