I have been going through what most, if not all parents go through.... Worrying about what to do. How to be there for my child in this crazy messed up world. When should I let my son learn on his own and when do I put my foot down? Which of my life experiences should I share with him? And when?
I worry about these thing so often... and Coop is not quite 3 yet. But I do know that in the blink of an eye he will be a young man and going through a lot as a teenager in a world filled with so many wrong turns.
Yesterday at church the young men's presidency spoke and then the young men got up and sang CALLED TO SERVE!!! I love that song. I was sitting there listening and all of the sudden I could see Coop, a young man. He was quite handsome and so full of the spirit. I knew right then that I had to change a few things in my life so his life can be what it should. I need to put first things first.... The Lord and my family!!!
I read a quote this morning and I just loved it. It goes perfectly with everything I am feeling.
“Now is the time for each of us to work toward our personal conversion, toward becoming what our Heavenly Father desires us to become. As we do so, we should remember that our family relationships—even more than our Church callings—are the setting in which the most important part of that development can occur. The conversion we must achieve requires us to be a good husband and father or a good wife and mother. Being a successful Church leader is not enough. Exaltation is an eternal family experience, and it is our mortal family experiences that are best suited to prepare us for it.” Dallin H. Oaks, “The Challenge to Become,” Liahona, Jan. 2001, 41
If you are wondering about my faith and want to know more then go to http://www.mormon.org/
I am the earthly parent of a special spirit that was chosen to come to the earth during these trying times. I was entrusted by our Father in Heaven and I am going to do all I can to help my son return to live with Him.
Lead, guide, walk be side.
Help him find the way.
Teach him all that we must do.
To live with Him someday.
I worry about these thing so often... and Coop is not quite 3 yet. But I do know that in the blink of an eye he will be a young man and going through a lot as a teenager in a world filled with so many wrong turns.
Yesterday at church the young men's presidency spoke and then the young men got up and sang CALLED TO SERVE!!! I love that song. I was sitting there listening and all of the sudden I could see Coop, a young man. He was quite handsome and so full of the spirit. I knew right then that I had to change a few things in my life so his life can be what it should. I need to put first things first.... The Lord and my family!!!
I read a quote this morning and I just loved it. It goes perfectly with everything I am feeling.
“Now is the time for each of us to work toward our personal conversion, toward becoming what our Heavenly Father desires us to become. As we do so, we should remember that our family relationships—even more than our Church callings—are the setting in which the most important part of that development can occur. The conversion we must achieve requires us to be a good husband and father or a good wife and mother. Being a successful Church leader is not enough. Exaltation is an eternal family experience, and it is our mortal family experiences that are best suited to prepare us for it.” Dallin H. Oaks, “The Challenge to Become,” Liahona, Jan. 2001, 41
If you are wondering about my faith and want to know more then go to http://www.mormon.org/
I am the earthly parent of a special spirit that was chosen to come to the earth during these trying times. I was entrusted by our Father in Heaven and I am going to do all I can to help my son return to live with Him.
Lead, guide, walk be side.
Help him find the way.
Teach him all that we must do.
To live with Him someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment