Oct 5, 2009

Purple tights and pearls....

I am watching TV and this little gal, the Juno chick, is being interviewed by that wave haired red head... you know? Yeah HIM!!!! Any who.... She is wearing these lovely purple tights. I LOVE THEM!!! I want them! And the fact that I am honestly going to go find me some is quite amazing.

I am stepping out of my fashion bubble. Today I wore a plum scarf. So trendy!!!

I also did something SO not me today. I went to this awesome thing called the Red Rock Ride. They do I think week long horse riding adventure through our BEAUTIFUL Southern Utah treasures. Well when night falls they all gather in the "barn" and eat yummy food and my AMAZINGLY talented pops entertains. I can't tell you how many times I have gone to things like this with my dad and dreaded the moment I would have to get up and sing a song or two. It terrified me. Well tonight I got up there and decided I would have fun. And guess what? I DID!!!! I sang my lil heart out. People danced around the dance floor. And I felt like a different girl. I loved it.

On our way home I turned to my dad and told him how much fun it was for me. And he looked at me like... IT"S ABOUT DARN TIME GIRLY!!!!

Why have I been so self conscious about this for so long?

Why have I held myself back?

Why haven't I wore a plum scarf before?

Why?.... I really don't know. But what I do know is that I am going to wear that scarf, sing like no one is watching, and of course do all the things I dream about!!!

So as soon as I get done with this lil post I am going to find me my purple tights... and hopefully find me a darling strand of pearls to go with them.

My next leap.... Dating..... I have to have something to wear my tights and pearls to.

5 comments:

Sally said...

i love you...so much!

Leibbrandt Family said...

Good for you!!!Love ya!

Toni said...

Good for you! And can I tell you, I don't have a clue why your self-conscious on stage. I would kill to sing like you. Actually I would kill to sing just HALF as good as you.

Emily said...

Oh you cute girly! I wish I could see you in person to tell you you are crazy for being self conscience! It's fun to step out isn't it? Keep it up, you are beautiful!

Kayc said...

You're cute :)