I like to read other peoples blogs. I'm a blog hopper! But there are a few that I read regularly... other then my family. I love to read NIE NIE. She and her family are such beautiful examples of strength and love. And her views on motherhood are wonderful. I also read her sister C Jane's blog. I enjoy her views on life and her example of how beautiful it is to be a housewife and mother and also an individual! There is also a friend of Sally's that I read. Hays has a fun look on life and I admire it!
So as I was reading one of these blogs last night I began to think... as I usually do while reading.... "I wish I were more like her!" Then I had a thought... If I was more like her then I would be less like me!
As women I think we usually look to each other and wish we had their talents or style... maybe even their life. We have a tendency to want to anyone but ourselves. WHY?
"As I have loved you".... God loves us! Loves me! ME!
And to be honest I like me too! I like that I am goofy and kind of a dork! I like that I LOVE to sing with all my heart and soul when I'm in the car! I like my snort when I laugh. I like that I am curvy! I like that I wear girly headbands and flowers in my hair. I like that I love those fabulous crooners like Frank, Bing, Nat and Perry. I like that I am an emotional woman! I like that I prefer to wear my hair in a pony tail then down. and I LOVE that I am ME! And that a pretty big improvement from last year.
I also thought about how there are many aspects of my life that make me who I am. Many loved ones. My son is a HUGE part of me. My family and the people I surround myself with. As children of the same and ONLY GOD... we need to help each other be the children of God we truly are!
As I have loved you... Love one another.
3 comments:
Thanks Kaite I needed that today it was PERFECT and TRUE!
As always you are an inspiration to me. I'm glad that you love you the way you are because I do!
Ok, I guess I will quit wishing I had your voice and your happy smile, and all of the other amazing talents you have. I am glad I am me too actually. So thanks for telling it like it is. Everyone needs to hear this!
Post a Comment